15 Critical Questions You Should Ask Every Temporary Employment Firm
Landing a position through a temporary employment agency can provide a host of benefits, like a flexible schedule, supplemental income, and the ability to test the waters at different companies. But if you’ve never worked for a Houston temporary employment agency before, you may have some questions. That’s a good thing! Before committing to a particular agency, you should ask each a variety of questions to ensure they’re a good fit for you.
Here’s a list of 15 important questions to help you get started:
Questions to Ask About the Temporary Employment Agency
1. How long have you been in business?
2. Why types of Houston employers do you work with?
3. What are some examples of the job opportunities that you fill?
4. How much do your services cost? (Hint: If the employment agency tells you they charge job seekers for their services, then it’s time to say good-bye. Reputable employment agencies don’t ask applicants to pay for placements in temporary job assignments.)
Questions About How the Process Works
5. Will you contact me when a position I’m suited for becomes available, or should I call to check in? How often?
6. What happens if I want to turn down a job opportunity? Is that allowed?
7. What if I accept a temporary job opportunity, but realize after a few days things aren’t working? What should I do?
8. If I show up to an assignment and the company decides they don’t need me, do I still get paid?
9. Will I receive training? Do I have to pay for the training? (Again, if the answer’s “yes,” it’s time to turn and walk away. A reputable employment agency will not ask you to pay for training.)
10. What if the Houston employer you place me with wants to hire me full-time? Can I accept?
Questions About Pay & Benefits
11. Approximately how much do the jobs I’m qualified for pay?
12. How do I track my hours?
13. How often will I be paid?
14. Do you offer any benefits, such as health insurance, to temporary employees?
15. Do you pay overtime to temporary employees? If so, what’s the rate?
Make sure you get the answers to these questions – and any others you may have – before committing to a particular temporary employment agency. And if you want to add Murray Resources to the list of Houston temporary employment agencies you’d like to possibly work with, then please feel free to contact us to learn more. Or, to get an idea of the types of positions we can give you access to, take a look at our current job openings in and around the Houston area.