Murray Resources Celebrates 25th Year Anniversary
(Houston, TX – January 8, 2013) – Murray Resources, a leading Houston recruiting firm, announced a milestone anniversary today, with January 8th, 2013 marking the company’s 25th year in business. Founded in 1988, Murray Resources is one of Houston’s longest tenured recruiting and staffing firms.
“Being able to celebrate our 25th anniversary milestone is a wonderful achievement for our team, as it symbolizes the hard work and dedication they bring to work every day. It’s also a testament to the success and longevity of our clients, many of whom have been with us since we first opened our doors in 1988,” said Marsha Murray, the company’s founder and president.
Ms. Murray started Murray Resources in January 1988 with a $2,000 loan, which she used to purchase a typewriter, business cards, and a brochure. 30 years later, the firm has grown to count over 800 companies as clients, including eleven Fortune™ 1000 organizations. To date, Murray Resources has placed thousands of job seekers in roles ranging from administrative assistants to c-level executives.
“Our philosophy when I started the company was simple –to treat both employers and job seekers with honesty, integrity, and transparency throughout the recruiting process. If we couldn’t help a candidate, we let them know”, said Ms. Murray. “But we also committed to never letting them walk away without resources, ideas, or maybe even a lead. I’m proud that our original vision has endured for 30 years. It’s a large part of what’s made us successful.”
The company was among the first recruiting firms to utilize employee assessments to evaluate position/candidate match. Other notable initiatives have included building one of the industry’s most active job seeker blogs, launching a series of ‘Career Guider’ workshops to help job seekers with their search, hosting the ‘Hot Topics in HR’ seminar series to address issues relevant to HR professionals, and launching a mobile website to assist job seekers on the go.
Significant company milestones:
- 1988 – Marsha Murray founds Murray Resources under its original name – Memorial City Personnel
- 1988 – Murray Resources places its first job candidate at a public energy company. The company remains one of Murray Resources’ clients
- 1995 – Murray Resources hires its first internal employee
- 1999 – The company moves into its current offices in Memorial City
- 2005 – Murray Resources receives the Economic Development Star Award for contributions to the growth and vitality of West Houston
- 2007 – The company is named the #1 Fastest Growing Woman Owned Business in the Personnel Industry Category by the Houston Business Journal
- 2008 – Murray Resources is recognized as a ‘Best Places to Work’ by the Houston Business Journal
- 2011 – Murray Resources expands its Professional Recruiting Division to meet growing client demand
- 2011 – Marsha Murray named ‘Who’s Who in Energy’ by the Houston Business Journal
- 2012 – Murray Resources launches ‘Career Guider’ workshops for job seekers and ‘Hot Topics in HR’ seminar series for Human Resources executives and business leaders
To help commemorate its 25th anniversary, Murray Resources unveiled its new 25th anniversary logo and will honor employees and clients with an appreciation reception in the spring.
About Murray Resources
Founded in 1988, Murray Resources is a leading Houston recruiting firm and staffing agency. The company serves a base of over 800 client companies, including numerous Fortune™ 1000 companies and high-growth small and medium-sized organizations, in the areas of administrative, accounting, customer service, engineering, finance, human resources, manufacturing, marketing, operations, and sales. Murray Resources’ 95% Performance Evaluation Score represents one of the highest placement satisfaction rates in the industry. The company has been named a “Best Places to Work” by the Houston Business Journal and the #1 Fastest Growing Woman Owned Business in the Personnel Category by the Houston Business Journal. For more information, contact Murray Resources at 713.935.0009 or visit www.murrayresources.com.
Tags: 25th anniversary, houston recruiters, houston staffing, houston staffing services, recruiter houston, recruiter houston tx, recruiter in houston, recruiter in houston tx, recruiters houston tx, recruiters in houston, recruiters in houston tx, staffing houston texas, staffing houston tx, staffing in houston, staffing in houston tx, staffing services houston, staffing services houston tx, staffing services in houston tx